Warning: High tide on Friday
Warning: A high tide on Friday morning, December 14th, at 11.45am, combined with low atmospheric pressure and a relatively high wind will give rise to high sea levels and possibly large waves.
Wave overtopping in parts of Sandymount and Clontarf will probably take place. Dublin City Council's flood defences will be put in place, including the flood gates on the River Dodder.
Dublin City Council is monitoring the situation closely. The DCC maintains a stock of sandbags at various locations for strategic purposes and will be deployed by Drainage staff, if required.
Update: High Tide Alert
Tomorrow’s (14th ) high tide is predicted to be extremely high. The following precautionary actions are being taken:
- The car parks at Sandymount promenade and at Clontarf are being closed today.
- A limited number of large sandbags are being put in place in Clontarf.
- The flood gates on the River Dodder will be closed tomorrow for the weekend.
- The flood defences on the River Tolka are being put in place.
- The Liffey Boardwalk defences will be closed on Friday morning.
Dublin City Council maintains a stock of sandbags at various locations for strategic purposes and will be deployed by Drainage staff, if required in both Sandymount and Clontarf.