Visit The Casino in Marino!
Lying just on the outskirts of Clontarf, is a beautifully historic building over two-and-a-half centuries old. The Casino at Marino has stood the test of time, despite the surrounding landscape changing significantly!
Built in 1759 by James Caulfeild, Lord Charlemont, the Casino at Marino is an 18th century garden temple designed by renowned architect Sir William Chambers. The Casino (or small house) surprises visitors with its architectural secrets. The lavishly decorated exterior cleverly disguises an interior of intimate rooms displaying intricately ornate Georgian motifs. It is one of Europe's most important neoclassical buildings. Beautifully executed plasterwork and richly patterned marquetry floors act as an historic background to the Casino's past which is lovingly brought back to life by the friendly and knowledgeable guides.
There are a number of cultural events organised for the coming months, and the Casino is availability for intimate wedding ceremonies (max. 20 guests)
Free tours are given to School groups of the Casino (advance booking essential). Other groups larger than 10 may also book in advance and can avail of private tours on the half hour. Entrance fees: €4 Adult, €3 Senior, €2 Student/ Child €2, Family €10.
Open 7 days a week with tours on the hour from 10am until 4pm March, April, May and October and 10am – 5pm June to September.
Directions: Coming up the Malahide Road from Marino, turn left after Nazareth House.