The Vikings and the Battle of Clontarf With Irish History Live
Who was Brian Boru? Why did he want to go into battle with the king of Dublin? How was the battle fought? What were the results? Did Brian become the king or did treachery play its part?
You will find out by dressing up as the king himself! You will try out real weapons, swords, spears, bows and axes. Are you strong enough to wear the armour and carry a shield like the warriors of old? Go to the library and be a warrior of Clontarf!
A number of new Library History Events have been announced. See below for dates and locations. This is for Families and Children 8+.
Class shows in branch libraries on 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th April - see www.dublincitypubliclibraries.ie for details.
Family Shows after school and during the Easter Holidays:
- Monday 7th April at 3.30pm - Coolock Library T. 847 7781
- Tuesday 8th April at 3.30pm - Donaghmede Library T. 848 2833
- Wednesday 9th April at 3.30pm - Central Library T. 873 4333
- Thursday 10th April at 3.30pm - Walkinstown Library T. 455 8159
- Thursday 24th April 2014 at 11am - Raheny Library T. 831 5521
- Thursday 24th April 2014 at 1pm - Raheny Library T. 831 5521
- Thursday 24th April 2014 at 3pm - Phibsboro' Library T. 830 4341
All events must be booked at the relevant library.
For more details see their brochure.