The Gathering Of The Vikings - 1 day to go!
The Gathering Of The Vikings Festival is almost upon us!
On Saturday, the Viking’s will return to life as it was back then in the Viking Village, complete with warrior tactics, weapons displays, children’s combat and of course, a mini Battle Of Clontarf.
At the Viking Village, children will be able to take part in archery and warrior games among the bouncy castles, face painting and many many more activities and games.
The Food Village on the Promenade is an ideal place to stock up on local specialities, try dishes from the local Clontarf restaurants or to meet for a picnic and listen to live music while enjoying a taste of Clontarf. The weekend will be packed with something for everyone!
With only 1 day to go until the festival kicks off, we can reveal the full line-up of events set to take place on Saturday 15th, along the Promenade in Clontarf.
Schedule of Activities in the Viking Village - Saturday 15th:
- 2.00 - 2.10pm - Lord Mayor officially opens the festival. Blessing by Fr. Martin. (Mainstage)
- 2.00pm - Have-A-Go Archery / Warrior Games
- 2.30pm - Children’s Combat & Longship Storytelling
- 3.00pm - Viking Warrior Tactics & Weaponry Display
- 3.30pm - Children’s Combat & Longship Storytelling
- 4.00pm - Have-A-Go Archery / Warrior Games
- 4.00pm - Children’s Combat & Longship Storytelling
- 4.30pm - Have-A-Go Archery / Warrior Games
- 5.00pm - Main Event: Mini Battle Of Clontarf
- 5.00pm - Live Air Sea & Rescue Display
- 5.30pm - Children’s Combat & Longship Storytelling
- 6.00pm - Viking Warrior Tactics & Weaponry Display
- 6.30pm - Have-A-Go Archery / Warrior Games
- 7 - 8pm - Viking Village & Viking Market
Read about Friday night's Comedy Event here.
Be sure to ‘like’ the official ‘Visit Clontarf’ Facebook page here for further updates on the festival line up and for clips of the performers in action.