Parenting Boys for Success at School - a talk by Joseph Driessen
Joseph's popular parent evening has been attended by thousands of parents internationally. It gives parents a deeper understanding of what motivates their sons, and shows them how boys need to be supported in order to become outstanding students. The talk starts at 8.00pm.
About Joseph Driessen:
- Joseph is a leading International Educator specialising in Boys’ Education and is based in New Zealand.
- Frequent Speaker at National and International Teacher Conferences about Boys’ Education.
Some topics covered:
- Why challenges and goals are so important for boys
- What boys will read, and why this is so
- How to make homework part of your son’s life
- How to provide structure and help your son to lift his achievement
- Mothers’ mentoring skills for their sons
- Essential parenting skills for fathers
- How to strengthen you son’s masculine identity and self confidence
- Relationship building with sons - How to do it, and how not to do it
- How to provide balanced parenting by split families
- What to do if your son is not doing well at school
- 7 sure ways to solve problems at school.
Admission is free and the event is sponsored by Nolan's Supermarket.