Nightly Water Restrictions Start Wednesday 30th October
Dublin City Council are restricting water supply from tomorrow Wednesday 30th October from 8pm to 7am the following morning.
These restrictions will continue until next Monday (4th November) at least. The restrictions are likely to lead to a loss of supply. This is due to a serious production problem at Ballymore Eustace Water Treatment Plant.
The council is asking people to cut back on their use of water as much as possible, in an effort to restore levels in our treated water reservoirs to normal.
Go to www.taptips.ie for easy water saving tips.
Easy water saving tips include:
- Keeping a jug of water in the fridge instead of running the tap - running a tap for one minute to produce one cold glass of water wastes 6 litres of water.
- Not delaying in the shower - 10 minutes in a power-shower uses 250 litres of water – two-and-a-half times more than a bath does (100 litres).
- Turning the tap off for two minutes while brushing your teeth will save 12 litres of water.
- Turn the dishwasher and washing machine on only when they have a full load.
- Minimising use of the flush on toilets and if using a dual flush system, use buttons 1 (small flush) and 2 (large flush) correctly.