News & Local Business Business Update | Covid19
Don't know where to start... so much to say.
We have a truly unprecedented situation here in Ireland and worldwide as we all fight together against the threat of this virus.
We will leave the medical advice to the experts and ask that you pay close attention to the advice that's on offer and try to ignore the unverified stuff.
In local business news:
- Nolan's Supermarket has issued a new protocol for shopping that takes effect immediately. See below notice.
- Harry Byrne's, The Sheds and Pebble Beach and the Yacht have closed their doors on Sunday. This was followed swiftly by a Government announcement asking all publicans to close pubs by Sunday night.
- Clontarf Wines has also issued a protocol for visiting the shop. They are also providing the option to order online and have your items delivered.
- Stylish Guy Menswear is currently offering 20% off everything online. It's the perfect time to buy that present for later in the year!
- Marlowe's Cleaners have updated their opening hours to open Monday - Saturday, 9 AM to 4 PM. It should be noted that washing clothes regularly is important to stop the spread and the solvents in the dry cleaning process are effective.
See the statements below from local businesses for more info.
In local news:
-Clontarf's Jack McCaffrey recorded a very important video message which was published to the Dublin GAA Facebook page. Watch it here.
-Darkness into Light Clontarf (and elsewhere) has been postponed to a later date. DIL is expected to be rescheduled to Autumn and registration remains open at the following link
-We are also hearing of many offers of help from a neighbour to a neighbour on many of the roads and areas within Clontarf. It is great to see this community spirit on display. We'll have more on this in the coming days. Please look out for one another in the coming days and weeks. More on all this tomorrow.
- Finally, many congrats to Clontarf's Lottie Ryan who has won Dancing with the Stars on Sunday night💃💃
We endeavour to keep you updated on all local and business news during this turbulent time. Stay safe, folks.