Flood defences Clontarf - Latest Update
LATEST 13TH OCTOBER - PUBLIC MEETING IS GOING AHEAD AT 3.00PM AT WOODEN BRIDGE THIS SUNDAY - MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW
PLEASE NOTE: WE HAVE RECEIVED OVER 190 PUBLIC COMMENTS AND OVER 800 WRITTEN SUBMISSIONS. SOME OF THESE ARE PUBLISHED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE ORIGINAL STORY - CLICK HERE TO VIEW
UPDATE 11th October:
DCC has issued a letter today which provides an undertaking that the project will not be advanced for a further 2 week period. The last paragraph states "No contract will be signed for a period of at least 2 weeks following the meeting on 12th October 2011 to allow for further local engagement on the proposal." Download the letter here (PDF).
Our view is while this provides some breathing space, this is far too short a period to allow for adequate consultation with local groups and to assess alternative proposals.
1. PLANS ON VIEW TODAY TUESDAY 11TH OCTOBER AND WEDNESDAY 12TH OCTOBER IN CONNOLLYS (THE SHEDS) AT THE BOTTOM OF VERNON AVENUE.
TIMES: 12.30PM TO 2.30PM AND 7.00PM TO 9.00PM. GUIDED TOURS OF THE PLANS ON THE HALF HOUR.
2. If you can't get to view the plans on the big display boards, here are the copies of plans (these are in A4 pdf size and are difficult to make out) :
- Page 1 (starting at the Alfie Byrne Road)
- Page 2
- Page 3
- Page 4
- Page 5
- Page 6
- Page 7
- Page 8 (ending at the wooden bridge)
(We will label these plans better later today when we have more time - we are being overwhelmed with responses, comments and offers of help! Thank you to everyone.)
4. You can view the original story about the flood defences by clicking here. All public comments are at the bottom of that story and a selection of the private comments too. We now have had well over 600 responses either through our online form or in the public comments area.
5. Be sure to sign up to our newsletter and please also like our Facebook page.
6. Updated public representative emails:
7. The City Manager's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Irish Times Letters to the Editor: email@example.com
8. Irish Independent Letters to the Editor: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Sunday Independent Letters to the Editor: email@example.com