CRA Update on St Anne's Development | How to Lodge Objection
CRA UPDATE ON PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT ON THE
ST PAUL’S PLAYING FIELDS IN ST ANNE’S PARK
THE NEXT STAGE OF THE CAMPAIGN IS TO WRITE TO AN BORD PLEANÁLA
Observations must be lodged with An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, and be accompanied by a fee of €20.
Observations must include
(a) your name and postal address
(b)the reference for the proposal;
ABP-300559-18 St. Paul’s College, Sybil Hill, Raheny, Co. Dublin is
(c)the basis for your observations
There is no online facility for making observations. For those who cannot post or deliver an observation directly to An Bord Pleanála we have organised a collection point in Clontarf. If you leave your observation, along with the fee, in an envelope into Mc Cabe Auctioneers, 2A Vernon Avenue. We will organise to bring it into An Bord Pleanála and lodge it on your behalf. There is a sample letter available to copy & paste at the end of this page.
Clontarf Residents’ Association will also be lodging an observation. We welcome the views of residents, by email to email@example.com, so that we can incorporate them into our observation.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR OBSERVATIONS IS
NOT LATER THAN 5.30PM ON MONDAY 5TH FEBRUARY.
We would encourage all residents who are opposed to the proposed development to make an observation - both the number and the quality of the observations will make a difference.
Each of us have our reasons why we believe the development should not go ahead. Firstly, the land is zoned Z15 for institutional and community purposes and not Z1 residential. Secondly, some object to the environmental impact.
- the loss of feeding grounds (of national and international significance) to the Brent Geese
- the impact of the noise and light pollution on the flora and fauna in the park
- the intrusion to the visual amenity on the main avenue of the park
- the downstream impact on the Naniken River and the UNESCO Biosphere where the developer plans to send the waste water
Others are more concerned with the
- the loss to local children and sports clubs of their playing pitches
- the negative impact on traffic levels in the area and its surrounds
- the lack of space for expansion in St Pauls in the future
- the lack of places in the surrounding schools to cope with a development of this size
- the increased risk of rainwater flooding due to loss of green space
PLEASE WRITE TO AN BORD PLEANÁLA DETAILING YOUR CONCERNS
Despite all the posters, meetings, social media posts etc there are still people living locally who are not aware of what is proposed. Please talk to your friends and neighbours and help spread the word. For more information, you can check out the developer’s website and the “I Love St. Anne’s” website and Facebook page here.
SAMPLE OBSERVATION LETTER BELOW (Please Copy & Paste)
29th January 2018
Strategic Housing Unit
An Bord Pleanála
64 Marlborough Street
Ref: ABP 300559-18 Proposed SHD on lands east of St Paul’s College, Sybil Hill Rd, Raheny, D 5
I would like to make the following observations on the above application and enclose herewith €20 fee.
I object to this development for the following reasons: