Clontarf Easter Play - "At The Praetorium"
"At the Praetorium" is a is a drama, in one act, set against the backdrop of the first Good Friday.
Written by Sean Walsh, ex-head of drama at RTE Radio and directed by Breffni McGuinness, the play focuses on:
- The dungeon, where prisoners Barrabas, Dismas and Gestas await their fate
- Pontius Pilate's Headquarters where Pilate, his centurion, his wife and her servant try to make sense of events as they unfold
Performed by The Church Theatre Group (made up mainly of Clontarf residents) the play will be staged over three nights at the start of Easter week. The opening night will be in St. Anthony's Church, Clontarf.
The play is suitable for ages 14 and over. Admission is free and donations are optional.
The group would also like to put the call out for a Stage Manager with some experience to help with the production. Also, there are two small parts unfilled - one speaking, one not (age group 18-30 years). If interested, email us here at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will pass on your details.
'At The Praetorium' will run from 25th - 27th March, and the schedule of shows can be found below. Each of the shows begin at 8pm.
- 25th March: St. Anthony’s Church, Clontarf
- 26th March: St. Brigid’s Church, Killester
- 27th March: All Hallows Church , Drumcondra