Application for Foreshore Licence to drill for Oil / Gas 5.5 kilometers from Dalkey
LAST CHANCE TO MAKE A SUBMISSION IS THURSDAY!
Statement from Clonatrf Residents' Association
An information meeting was held on Tuesday night in Dun Laoghaire and was attended by two members of the CRA committee.
Concerns of the CRA.
- Based on the information given at this meeting, we would have serious concerns on the following points:
- Proximity to coast our coast – very large field
- Risk of pollution – in the event of a spill the whole of Dublin Bay would be affected• Providence Resources refusal to take responsibility if in a spillage situation oil reaches our shore -totally unacceptable.
- We question the return to the state – virtually none
- Providence should state the benefit to the state and the local community.
- The negative impact on the local fishermen.
- The effect on wild life.
- We ask for a public enquiry as the minister has the power under the 1933 Foreshore Act section 3.9 to request one.
Our submission sent on 2nd February 2012 can be viewed here
Further information can be had by logging on to www.Protectourcoast.net
“Any person who wishes to make an objection to, or a representation in respect of the grant of the licence sought should do so in writing, giving reasons, within 21 working days of publication of this notice (quoting ref: MS 51/4/541), to the Foreshore Unit, Department of Environment, community and Local Government, Newtown Road, Wexford, Co. Wexford or email@example.com.”
The closing date for submissions is close of business on 2nd February 2012
BECAUSE OF THIS SHORT TIME AT OUR DISPOSAL THE ONLY PRACTICAL WAY IS BY E-MAIL BUT WE RECOMMEND THAT THIS BE FOLLOWED UP BY POSTING A HARD COPY TO THE MINISTER.
You can also make your feelings heard by……Contacting Phil Hogan the minister of Environment:Tel: 056-77 71490, Fax:056-77 71491, email: firstname.lastname@example.org and all your elected representatives.