Dollymount Beach Clean Up
- Meeting time: 11:00am (please aim to arrive 10 minutes early)
- Meeting point: Entrance to Dollymount Strand just past the Royal Dublin Golf Club
- Google map: Please click here for location
- Bus route: Take the 130 bus from Lower Abbey Street, get off at the Wooden Bridge and walk for 5 minutes
- Duration: 2 hours
- Equipment: Litter pickers, bin bag hoops, rubbish bags, and gloves are provided
- Work areas: Dollymount Beach; sand dunes, inner shore and causeway
- More Information: Call Donal on 087 688 7468
Hi everyone, this month we welcome a group of volunteers from the Royal Bank of Canada as part of their RBC Blue Water Project. This international initiative is dedicated to protecting the world's most precious natural resource, fresh water. RBC has made a welcome financial contribution to the Bull Island Action Group as part of the initiative, in addition to funds for purchasing equipment. We are extremely grateful for this valuable support from the RBC.
Dublin City Council provides us with a tractor, trailer plus a driver to remove and dispose of all the rubbish collected by our volunteers. The Dublin City Port Company provides the litter-picking equipment used by our group. Why not bring a friend or family member with you this Saturday, as they will get some exercise, fresh air and provide us with a invaluable extra pair of hands. This has a direct impact on the amount of work we can do and the number of areas we can tackle on the island.
Please find Saturday's expected weather and tide information below, and don't forget to bring a rain jacket with you. Sun protection is also advised. Good footwear is essential and a pair of rubber boots is always a good idea.
See you all on Saturday.
Donal 087 688 7468
p.s. If you use Facebook, please join 'Bull Island Action Group 2012'. It would be great if you could share this event on your wall too. Many thanks!
Tide information for Saturday 20th: Low water will be at 07:33am - Height 0.7m. High water will be at 14:03pm - Height 3.8m. Source: http://www.ukho.gov.uk
Weather forecast for Saturday 20th: Temperature - 19c. Wind speeds - 21kmh. 46% chance of rain. Source: Google