Bull Island Action Group Beach Clean Up 20/12/14
The Bull Island Action Group will be hosting their monthly beach clean-up this Saturday. Please find details below:
- Meeting time: 11:00am (please try to arrive 10 minutes early)
- Meeting point: Dollymount Strand entrance, just past Royal Dublin Golf Club
- Google map: Click on this url http://goo.gl/maps/kJh7w
- Parking: Parking restrictions will apply, as the beach is currently closed to traffic
- By bus: Take the Route 130 bus from Lower Abbey Street
- Bus stop: Get off at the Wooden Bridge and then walk for 5 minutes
- Duration of clean-up: Two hours
- Equipment: Litter pickers, hoops, gloves and rubbish bags are provided
- Work areas: The beach, sand dunes, inner shore and causeway
Dublin City Council provides a tractor and trailer, plus Gerry the driver, to take away and dispose of all of the rubbish that is collected. The Dublin Port Company provides litter-picking equipment to the group.
The Bull Island Action Group really do appreciate as much help as they can get. Why not bring a friend or a family member along with you? They will get some exercise, lots of fresh air and give the Action Group some much needed help. Many hands make light work!
The Bull Island Action Group would like to extend a warm welcome to two groups joining them this weekend - to Louise and the volunteers from the Hilton in Dublin, and to Diana and the volunteers from Booking.com. Thank you in advance for helping!
Please see the expected weather and tide information for Saturday below. Good footwear is essential and rubber boots are always a good idea. A word to the wise; always have a light rain jacket with you!
Afterwards, the group will head to Clontarf Yacht & Boat Club for mince pies and hot (or cold!) seasonal drinks. Anyone who takes part is welcome to come along.
Finally, the Bull Island action group would like to thank everyone for their help during 2014 and wish everyone the best for Christmas and New Year.
If you use Facebook, please join ‘Bull Island Action Group 2012’. It would be great if you could share this event on your wall too. Thanks!
WEATHER FORECAST FOR SATURDAY 20.12.14
Partly cloudy with no rain forecast. High winds expected - 15 m/s from west . Temperature 6 C.
TIDE INFORMATION FOR SATURDAY 20.12.14
High Water will be at 10:05a.m. Height 3.95m.
Low Water will be at 15:459.m. Height 1.00m.
Source: Dublin Port Company - Tide Tables 2014